Skip to content

Philanthropic sewing photos

January 9, 2011

We had a successful day sewing dresses for the kids in Kenya today.

All total, we did 28 dresses this year. Seventeen have already been delivered. In the pics today, you will see the last 11, and those precious souls who made them. Here is the workroom with 2 of our 5 workers, hard at work.

Although I didn’t realize that this was a sheet, we made a dress from it. I really like the finished dress:

We sewed:

And ironed:

And generally, had a good time making these wonderful dresses for our friends across the ocean:

At the end of the day, There wasn’t an incomplete dress. We are closing the book on this project for now. When I return from my bike journey, I will be looking for groups to work with to produce home-made sewn items for folks in need. If you have a group who would like to do one such project, please contact me.

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: